- The funny thing about random writing/brain spew/old fashioned blogging type posts is that these are always my most viewed posts. I guess people like reading the random thoughts that are going through my brain! Should I do more of these? Less of these? What else do you want me to write about?
- Sick kids are the worst/best. It is so heart wrenching to see them feeling so miserable, but snuggles... So many snuggles.
- I feel like our summer is already filling up quickly. So many fun things to look forward to...vacation with my family in Branson, first year of VBS, camping trip with friends, more possible family visits, church family retreat. I'm sure lots more things will fill up our schedule. Summer always gets so busy, but there are so many fun things going on, too!
- I took my girls to the dentist this morning. My oldest fell a couple years ago and has a gray tooth in the front, which the dentist has already checked out and it's fine. But the last month or so she's been complaining that her front teeth hurt. So I told them about it at the cleaning and they did an x ray just to be sure it wasn't becoming infected. It was fine, but all this to say that he did say those don't look like they'll be coming loose soon, but her bottom ones could sometime in the near-ish future. Which is so crazy to me because SHE JUST GOT THOSE TEETH. I am not ready for my kids to be this old.
- I was just purging some kids clothes recently, and opened up a bin that I was pretty sure was much bigger clothes for the boys, and found some stuff in their current size that they should have been wearing the last few months. WHOOPS. This is what happens when I am buying things ahead for 4 kids. At least it was only a few outfits and not an entire season's worth! Maybe everything will still fit them in the fall.
- Speaking of kid's clothes. The girls have always pretty much switched up to a new size at the beginning of a season. But the boys have been switching mid season. In the fall when it started to get cold I tried to buy them one size, tried a few things on which were literally falling off of them, so I returned it for a smaller size, and a couple months later everything is way too small. My husband put some pants on one of the boys for church last Sunday that were legitimately capris. You couldn't even call them high waters, they were offically at capri level. I was embarrassed for him. Which led to me purging their clothes this week! So, does anyone else have kids who switch sizes mid season? Am I going to have to buy 2 wardrobes of clothes every season for them?! With the girls I always go with the size they're going to be in next and even if it's a little big, it's just a little big. But like I said, it went from actually falling off the boys to being capris in a few months. I can't have them wear clothes that literally fall to the ground when I put them on! *sigh* I know this is such a first world problem.
- I am so ready for spring to actually be spring. It has been so up and down. We had 70 degree days in February, and got snow in March (which we don't usually). Even though most of this winter was pretty mild in comparison, it has seemed SO gloomy this winter. Just overcast all the time. I am ready for sunshine! Even 50 and sunny is fine!
- I feel like my kids are starting to get in a sweet spot with outings again. Depending what the outing is. When we first got the boys it was so hard to go anywhere. Then it was really hard but I did it. Then it was only hard to go to certain places (like restaurants). Now it is getting to be more freedom. They don't need to be in a stroller, and will mostly come when I tell them to. We still have a ways to go, but I am glad we will be able to get out a little more this summer than last! They can all officially do park playgrounds by themselves which is a GAME CHANGER because I can't help everyone at once. (And by do parks themselves I mean won't jump off the edges....they still need help with swings and certain climbing things).
Ok, 49 seconds to spare! Those are the random thoughts swirling my brain this afternoon! What's on your mind?