- I did a newborn session this morning. How do I always forget how teeny tiny newborns are?! This was only the 3rd newborn I've ever done, but it was for sure the smoothest one yet! He slept some, was awake some, and we got some great shots of both! I can't wait to start editing the images!
- I have been SO tired lately. We have been going to bed a little earlier and getting plenty of sleep at night, but I have fallen asleep mid-afternoon on the couch twice this week. I never do that! And speaking of that, naps always make me feel terrible. Does that happen to anyone else?! I really do try to rarely fall asleep during the day because they just make me feel awful, which completely defeats the purpose of napping! I have always been like that, and it's just the weirdest thing. I wake up feeling a little nauseous, super groggy, my body feels heavy and my brain just very foggy.
- Yesterday was my husband's birthday, so we went out. I was trying to think of something that we don't always do, and decided to get tickets to our local comedy club. We went to dinner first and then to the comedian, who apparently is kind of famous (Jeff Dye), but I'd never heard of him. It was nice to get out and do something different than our norm! We didn't get to bed until about 1 a.m. which basically never happens anymore....the latest we usually stay out these days is about 9:00 or so ;)
- The weather here was so bizarre this week. It kind of sounds like most of America had the same weird weather. Earlier this week, we surpassed 70 degrees and it was 60+ for several days in a row! In the midwest in February, this is unheard of. And then last night it snowed. Boo! I actually really like the snow, but after you got used to sunny and 65, back to 25, windy and snowy just feels cruel!
- I started reading the book Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers this week. I don't typically read much historical fiction, but this has me captivated. It is about women from the Bible who are in the lineage of Christ and more background into what their lives were probably like. It is very interesting and the stories are so engaging so far!
- I can't believe it is almost March! This year is flying on by. My younger daughter has a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks, my mom is coming soon, we are coming up on a big shift in our little one's foster care case soon, and we are already planning our summer trips with family....I don't see time slowing down anytime soon!
How was your week?? How is the weather where you are, and what was the best thing that happened to you this week?